The Folio Society unveils DC Comics special collection; The Photo Zine Club returns to welcome zine makers; The Keeper of My Kin out now on Amazon.
The golden age of comic books
It’s only September but it’s never too late to think about some great superhero gifts for your loved ones, or for yourself.
The Folio Society, together with DC Comics, have published DC Comics: The Golden Age (1938-1956). It’s a collection of eighteen stories from the formative age of American comic books, including the debut adventures of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and more.
Selected and introduced by former DC Editor-in-Chief, Jenette Kahn, the edition also offers the chance to own an identical copy of Action Comics #1, the comic book featuring the first appearance of Superman, complete with the original accompanying strips and vintage ads.
You can check out images of the classic comics and the wonderfully designed presentation box of The Golden Age on foliosociety.com.
More on The Folio Society
- The Folio Society presents limited edition of The Shadow of the Wind (Story Of Books, 15 August 2023)
- Five Minutes With: Mandy Kirkby, Non-Fiction Publisher, The Folio Society (Story Of Books, 23 November 2023)
- MCM Comic Con 2022: Day 1 In Photos (Story Of Books, 28 October 2023)
Make your own zine: The Photo Zine Club returns in September
Throughout September 2023, the The Photobook Cafe at Shoreditch, London, UK, plays host to The Photo Zine Club get-together every Monday evening. So come over to greet the photo zine makers community and learn to make your own photo zine using a photocopier. You can check out their photo zine library, too.
The Photo Zine Club
- Dates: 4, 11 and 18 September 2023.
- Time: 6-9 pm.
- Venue: Photobook Café, 4 Leonard Circus (opposite Telephone House), EC2A 4DQ London.
Our horror paperback is out
The paperback is out on Amazon. All three parts of The Constant Companion Tales are now one print book called The Keeper of My Kin.
Published by Story Of Books, the horror fiction tells of two types of monsters: the demons – also known as the constant companions – and humans – their masters and those who perpetrate war atrocities.
It’s not the kind of book that moralises, but rather, an easy-read horror fantasy that we hope will keep you entertained for the cold months.
More on The Keeper of My Kin
- Paperback: The Keeper of My Kin (£9.99).
- E-book trilogy: The Constant Companion Tales (£8.97).
- Website: salinachristmas.com
- The Keeper of My Kin is out on paperback (Story Of Books, 30 August 2023)